Votre Forum

Identifiez-vous avec le pseudo d'administration pour configurer et personaliser votre forum.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 13-03-2018 04:41:39

wanglei
Membre

time, they were preparing for a d

DETROIT - David Price got into a sticky situation in the eighth, and Brad Ausmus decided to leave the ace in the game. Price then rewarded his manager for the vote of confidence. Price wriggled out of the jam in his final inning, and the Detroit Tigers snapped Seattles five-game winning streak with a 4-2 victory over Felix Hernandez and the Mariners on Saturday. The Tigers had a three-run lead when the Mariners loaded the bases with one out in the eighth. When Ausmus came out of the dugout, Price was sure his night was done. "Ive never had a manager come out in the middle of the inning and not pull me," he said. "That had never happened." But Ausmus just wanted to check in with Price, who is 1-0 with a 3.18 ERA in three starts since he was acquired from Tampa Bay in a three-team trade last month. "This is only Davids third game for us, so Im not used to how he handles himself late in the game," Ausmus said. "I went out there to ask him if he was OK, he gave me a very definitive answer, and I went back to the dugout." Price then struck out Austin Jackson — one of the players Detroit traded for him — and then got Dustin Ackley to ground into a force at second. "That was a huge moment for me," Price said. "I wanted to finish that inning off, so I looked Brad straight in the eye and told him I was good to go. I didnt want to be one of those pitchers who looks down and mumbles that hes OK. I wanted to make sure he knew I was ready." Hernandez was pulled after five innings and 92 pitches. He allowed two runs and seven hits, struck out three and walked none. Hernandez was hit on his left hip by Ian Kinslers comebacker on the third out of the fourth inning, and took another glancing blow from a ball hit by Miguel Cabrera in the fifth. "Hes fine, we just took him out as a precaution after he got hit again by Miguel in the fifth," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. Hernandez (13-4) lost his record streak of 16 straight starts of at least seven innings and no more than two runs. Hernandez broke Tom Seavers major league mark of 13 straight earlier this month. "Im fine — Im going to live," Hernandez said. "I was throwing a lot of pitches tonight, especially at the beginning of the game. I wasnt missing by much. "The streaks over, but Ill start a new one soon." Joe Nathan pitched the ninth, allowing one run while picking up his 25th save. It was his first appearance since making a profane gesture at Comerica Park fans on Wednesday, and he received a mixture of cheers and boos when he was introduced. "I apologized on Thursday, but I still feel terrible for my actions, so I want to apologize again," said Nathan, who didnt celebrate after the final out. "Ill keep apologizing until the fans understand how upset I am that I let my frustration get the best of me. I dont want my entire career to be known for three seconds of anger." Nick Castellanos hit a solo homer in the fourth for Detroit. He also had a two-out RBI single in the Tigers two-run seventh. TRAINERS ROOM Seattle: Cano was back in the starting lineup one day after fouling a pitch off his foot. Cano played several more innings after the painful foul ball, only leaving when the Mariners built a comfortable lead, and was fine to play against Price. Detroit: Cabrera needed the attention of Tigers trainer Kevin Rand after taking a Hernandez fastball just above the left elbow. The impact caused Cabreras hand to go numb — a day after he had stayed in Fridays series opener after injuring this thumb on the first play of the game — but he stayed in the game after a short delay. UP NEXT The three-game series concludes with rookie Robbie Ray (1-2, 5.31 ERA) facing Seattles Chris Young (11-6, 3.20 ERA). Ray, acquired in the Doug Fister trade last winter, is in his second stint with the Tigers, both to replace Anibal Sanchez in the rotation. Young has never lost to Detroit in three career starts, going 1-0 with a 2.14 ERA. BIG CROWD The Hernandez-Price matchup, plus a post-game fireworks show, drew a sold-out crowd of 43,833 — Detroits sixth straight sellout. ROSTER MOVE The Tigers purchased the contract of reliever Jim Johnson from Triple-A Toledo and sent Melvin Mercedes back to the Mud Hens. Johnson posted 101 saves for Baltimore in the last two seasons, but he struggled with Oakland and was released on August 1. David Johnson Jersey . On Thursday, a judge said Varlamov could be released if he posted $5,000 bond and be allowed to travel with the team but he was ordered to stay away from his girlfriend, among other restrictions. Rodney Gunter Jersey . At Manchester United, Ferguson developed Beckham into one of the worlds most recognizable sportsmen, but the midfielder left United in 2003 for Real Madrid under a cloud after his relationship with the manager broke down. http://www.thecardinalsshoponline.com/Y … ls-Jersey/ . Napoli hit two home runs, Jonny Gomes and prized rookie Xander Bogaerts also connected, and the Red Sox kept up their dizzying scoring spree at Yankee Stadium by bashing New York 13-9 Saturday for a fifth straight win. Budda Baker Jersey . The Suns termed Fridays surgery by team doctor Thomas Carter a success. No timetable was given for Bledsoes return but the team said in a news release that he "will pursue a possible return to action during the second half" of the season. Tyrann Mathieu Jersey . Others describe it as taking the parrot for a walk.The Montreal Canadiens took to the Bell Sports Complex ice on Sunday for a third straight day of practice since completing their opening-round sweep of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Only this time, they were preparing for a date with the 2013-14 Presidents Trophy winning Boston Bruins, who secured their spot in the second round after defeating the Detroit Red Wings in five games. Meeting for the fourth time in seven seasons and for the 34th occasion all-time, the Canadiens and Bruins get together in an Eastern Conference second round series that begins this week. "Youre going to have to fight for everything. Theres no such thing as an easy game when you play against Boston," Canadiens defenceman Josh Gorges said following practice. "Theyre very well structured. They play a great team game. Youre going to have to fight for your real estate, youre going to have to fight to get on the inside and to get second chances in front of the net. "If were going to succeed, were going to have to do everything we can in the dirty areas." Gorges, who will face the Bruins in the postseason for the third time in his NHL career, was unable to take part in the Canadiens most recent playoff meeting with Boston in 2011 after undergoing season-ending knee surgery. "What the Bruins have done in the last few years in the playoffs has been as good as or better than any other team in the league," added Gorges. "We know we have a great challenge ahead of us. Its going be hard. Its going to be a long series. Weve got to be prepared for that." The last time the Bruins and Canadiens met in the playoffs was in 2011, when Boston ousted Montreal in seven games in its march to winning the Stanley Cup championship. No teams have come close to meeting in the playoffs as many times as the Bruins and Canadiens. The 170 games between the Bruins and Canadiens are the most for plaayoff opponents; the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs are next with 117.dddddddddddd "Theyre a good team; they know how to win. Theyve shown that by winning the Cup a few years back and making the Stanley Cup Finals last year," winger Thomas Vanek said of the much-anticipated series. "I know TD Garden is a tough building to play in, but so is the Bell Centre. For us to have success or for anyone to have success, youre going to have to beat some really good teams in order to win that ultimate prize. The Bruins are one of those teams." The Bruins lost three of their four games against the Canadiens this season, including two games played in Boston. The Canadiens have won six of the past seven games and are 351-264-103-7 in the regular season against the Bruins. "The Bruins are the same team they were in the regular season. Thats what makes them so good," defenceman Mike Weaver said. "Theyre going to be an extremely tough team to play against and it will be a great challenge for us. Thats what playoffs are all about. You hear a lot of things about that rivalry, but playoffs take things to another level." Head coach Michel Therrien made a change to his line up at practice on Sunday, opting to put a healthy Travis Moen on the fourth line - a move to bring in more veteran presence against an experienced Bruins team. Here is Sundays Practice Lines: Forward:Pacioretty - Desharnais - VanekPrust - Plekanec - GallagherBourque - Eller - GiontaMoen* - Briere - WeiseBournival - White - Parros Defence:Markov - EmelinGorges - SubbanBouillon - WeaverMurray - Tinordi Goal:PriceBudaj *In first round, Michael Bournival played left wing on the fourth line. Moen skating in that spot represents the one lineup change in preparation for the Bruins. The NHL is expected to release the schedule for the second round on Monday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Pied de page des forums